|Warning: This article regards the automated regular reminder/check-in service only.
For articles regarding the automated ‘One-off reminder’ service please go here.
For articles regarding the ‘Calls from a professional’ service please go here.
CareCalls can be used as:
- A check-in – to make sure someone is ok
- A reminder – to do a task
- A combination of the above
When someone needs a check-in/reminder, they receive a phone call or sms from us
They can receive as many check-ins/reminders as they need throughout the day and those can be received at any time 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When answering the phone the call receiver can hear one of the following:
- One of our preset messages
- A personalised message recorded by our team e.g ‘Hello Brian, this is a reminder to take your morning medication’.
- A personalised message, recorded by a familiar voice e.g ‘Hey dad, just calling to remind you that your doctor’s appointment is at eleven o’clock today.
They can receive different messages depending on the time of day and/or day of the week.
As well as hearing the reminder/check-in, they will be asked to acknowledge the call by pressing any number button on the phone.
For one-off reminders: If they do not answer, 1 person can receive an SMS
For repeating check-ins/reminders: If they do not answer, the check-in/reminder system will wait 10 minutes, then try again. If there is no answer the second time then up to 3 people can be informed by text, phone call or email.